Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Inspiring Generation Review Episode 3





How can I begin with this first installment of this week’s Inspiring Generation review? Hmmm? How about….

 OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! 


Kwak Dong Yun is really bringing Shin Jung Tae to life for us. Or am I just falling in love with him? Looks like we are dealing with the Type B Male Lead here.  (I will discuss the difference between Male Lead type A and type B later). He is so sweet and caring that he could almost be killed from it. He wears his heart on his sleeve, but that might all change, because when we first met Kim Hyun Joong’s, Jung Tae, he was quiet and mysterious, he didn’t seem very nice at all. 

(Memories of Baek Seung Jo appear…Playful Kiss is another blog post for another day  *sighs*) 

Episode 3 shows us that things are slowly changing for Jung Tae as he is getting in deep with the Dobinori Gang and showing feelings for Gaya (poor Ok Reyeon).

Jealousy is everywhere.  (**Spoiler ALERT**) Ok Reyeon sees Deguchi Gaya kiss Shin Jung Tae on the cheek; there should be some rivalry there, but after I saw the ending of episode 3, I am not sure what could happen with these two. The rivalry could be um…deadly. At first I was a little confused about which of the ladies are the lead. I am not sure if this drama is going to be as cookie cutter as some of the previous drama’s we have watched such as “The Heirs” where we know who the male lead is and the second male lead so therefore we already know who will get the girl and who won’t, but with Inspiring Generation and the twist we see at the end, I am not sure how all this will work out, but now I see how Gaya (*Spoiler Alert**) becomes  Shin Jung Tae’s enemy. What is obvious according to all things Korean Drama, Shin Jung Tae will pretty much love Gaya and Ok Reyeon is probably forever the yeodongsaeng  (friend zone little sister also known as forever alone). But this is just a prediction.  Honestly I am confused about this love triangle.  

It also appears that there will be some clashing with in the Dobinori as one character seems to “feel some type of way”(also known as jealousy) about Shin Jung Tae and the attention given to him by the other Dobinori. There is also Do Ggoo from the other gang who has the thirst for revenge on Jung Tae as well.

Episode 3 also shows us a lot of the fathers’ backstory both Jung Tae and Gaya’s as they were once comrades. (Can someone say City Hunter? Remember that that plot twist, of course that is another one for another day, so much drama so little time!) 

I thought episode 2 hooked me, but episode 3 succeeded in making me an official fan. After the episode I said out loud to myself: “Ooooo, it hurts inside. Ooooo it hurts inside.” Meaning there were too many “feelz” and I almost couldn’t handle it. Love that turns into ugly revenge. Fathers, sons. Fathers, Daughters. A sick sister. A gang of smugglers. The chance of dying to jump a train. Random samurai killing folks. That one guy with that one weird eye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 It’s all so much!!!! 

 I tell you what I really can’t handle is waiting for 10 o’clock in Korea so it can air there so then Viki gets it and gets it translated so I can then watch it!!!! 

  Can’t wait to see Kim Hyun Jung return as Shin Jung Tae!!! 

Inspiring Generation!!!! Hwaiting!!!! Fighting!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment