Thursday, January 30, 2014

Inspiring Generation Weekly review: Episodes 5/6

This is EXACTLY how episode 5/6 of Inspiring Generation has me feeling. Episode 6 had me standing in the middle of the floor shouting at the TV, falling to the floor and near tears. I couldn't handle it. I don't want to go into detail about either episode, I just want to say that I ship Ok Reyeon and Shin Jung Tae. Seriously I didn't like Gaya from the start. I also adore characters who love someone who doesn't always love them back. I would have been ok with Gaya if she hadn't of gone all "I will kill your father in front of you," on Shin Jung Tae.  Ok Reyeon has been the perfect friend/girlfriend/bestie who waits for Shin Jung Tae, but episode 6 seems like another change is brewing. First I am not sure if we have really reach present day. Remember on the first episode Shin Jung Tae was told to go back to Shanghai by that guy (who most KDrama fans know as the guy who helped Goo Jun Pyo out in Boys Over Flowers, sorry I am terrible with names) we see adult Shin Jung Tae begin to reminisce about young Shin Jung Tae, but I am not certain the reminiscing is over. That is really beside the point. We are only on episode 6 and I want to hurt someone, I am not sure who.... I guess I relate with Ok Reyeon as I have found myself crushing on dudes only to be easily let down. Shin Jung Tae is not letting her down easily he is throwing imaginary darts at her heart due to his inability to walk away from a fight. I don't know how this one will work itself out....and every episode adds another character and its almost confusing. I am also nervous about the Japanese/Chinese/Korean war type stuff going on as well...seems like this is the prelude to the Korean War. Also not one episode goes by where Shin Jung Tae doesn't fight. It's terrible. Parts of me wishes that Ok Reyeon can be like Oh Ha Ni from Playful Kiss
and love Shin Jung Tae even though he keeps messing up (where as Baek Seung Jo was just a jerk). Part of me also wants her to walk away. Which is why I am not sure if the flashback is truely finished. I guess it is. I don't know. But the situation that Shin Jung Tae has gotten into at the end of episode 6 could be why we see him as a loner in episode 1. I don't know. I really can theorize right now. My head could explode right now. This drama is great but it could be too much for me to handle. I am feeling the same way I felt as I watched City Hunter, which I marathon over the course of two days. Fortunately for my HEALTH Inspiring Generation is new and airing weekly, other wise I would probably faint at work for lack of rest and like high blood pressure from the extreme changes in emotions.

Things that happened in episode 5/6



Even with scars Kim Hyun Joong is gorgeous. Something about his makes him shine. Maybe he really truely is Mr. Perfect. He has the best eyes EVER!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment