Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Noona and the Namdongsaeng

Even though Flower Boy Ramen Shop was my first Noona (Old sister/older woman)/Namdongsaeng (Little brother/younger man) KDrama romance I witnessed, Eun B. and Cha Chi Soo weren't the ones who really set this theme off for me.  The Noona/Namdongsaeng relationship that really wowed me was the "relationship" between Min Seo-hyun and Yoon Ji-hoo from Boys Over Flowers. It is safe to say that Boys Over Flowers will be used to discuss all the themes as it uses all the themes you could think of... including for a brief moment Noona/Namdongsaeng. Ji Hoo was really caught up on his noona. I mean Geum Jandi finds him at a bus stop looking like this:
I mean his face is up against an outdoor advertisement in like public. Smh... but more importantly I am sure fans can't forget this scene:
Now obviously in this senarios Noona is not always your real big sis. Noona is that women you looked at like a big sis when you were small and then somewhere down the line (puberty more than likely) noona became the woman you want to be with...I mean if you are are that guy. It might be the cougar in me but I love the idea of Noona/dongsaeng romances, no Korea Dramas like to have high schoolers fall in love with teachers, but that is way risque for me as I am a teacher...sure its fun to watch, but in America you will LOSE your job. Of course in Flower Boy Ramen Shop we see Eun B. leave the teaching profession, but that was more so to more the storyline towards the ramen shop.
Another thing that makes drama fans gravitate towards Noona/Dongsaeng relationships is the the passion show by the dongsaeng. I mean they really love noona. Please watch Ji Hoo in the above video again!!! LOL!!!  Or watch this....
The young boys swear they are in love. Which usually this turns out to be correct. Unfortunately even though I am clearly a noona myself, I haven't watch many Noona Dongsaeng situations, but for info check out this post that I found... which gives a list of Noona/Dongsaeng to try.
 http://www.dramabeans.com/2013/09/if-you-like-noona-romances/

No comments:

Post a Comment