Sunday, November 8, 2015

2pm, the Director, and No. 5

In Koreaboo's lastest article "Netizens praise JYP Entertainment for their success this year" they note that JYP had a great year and some of the artist did so well.  Then we get this one comment...

[+ 95, – 7] JYP this year was amazing. If only it weren’t for that MV director 2 PM would have been more active as well. Let’s keep this going JYP !!!
UGH! The My House fiasco of the summer.  When the director pulled out of directing the video it set the boys back a bit. Check out this article from Koreaboo

Director who cancelled 2PM’s MV revealed to have produced BIGBANG’s “Sober” MV

Chincha? You cancelled to do BigBang's video.... aren't 2pm and Big Bang like rivals. So this was very frustrating for a 2pm fan. (And I am a 2pm fan) ESPECIALLY now since the reason for their lack was all because of this Director. BUT let me be the bigger person and think about it like this... if the song was HOT then wouldn't it have blown up regardless.... well here is another article on the issue... 

Netizens discuss the unfortunate circumstances of 2PM’s “My House”

Most netizens explain that it was a great song, but it was just unfortunate that they could only do a week of promotions and then off to Japan. 

Personally as a rather new fan of 2pm I have had to go back and learn about them and listen to old songs and I enjoy MOST of their music. I was excited about my house because to be honest I am not big on the Japanese albums and after Go Crazy was 2pm of 2pm and it was... ok...it took me a little while to get into the album mainly because Japanese lyrics are so different from Korean lyrics. I am sorry I just enjoy the Korean language (maybe cause I understand it a tad better as I am slowly learning it) So I was excited about My House and the No. 5 album.  Please watch the video real quick. 

I loved the theme of this video and I learn more Korean listening to these guys, because they make their songs in a way that you can really hear all the words.  Of all the kpop stars that I have listened to, 2pm has been the easiest from me to actually learn lyrics and sing along with them... I could totally go to a Korean karaoke spot and sing this song.  Jun. K wrote this song and produced it as he also wrote and produced Go Crazy 2pm awesome single from 2014.  I guess I am biased. I listen to Go Crazy until I hated it.  I have left Go Crazy alone. I chose 2pm's first album 1:59pm before Go Crazy because I killed Go Crazy. The album No. 5 was a breath of fresh air. Go Crazy was a party album. In my interpretation Go Crazy was the album that played at the party and got you dancing just TURN UP! No. 5 is what you put on once you got home after the party,  when you are trying to get the chick/guy you brought home to condone is some after party activity.  Seriously. Please check out the live footage from their song Good Man which is from the No. 5 album. 
It's starts slow but next thing you know at about the 2 minute mark there is a girl in a bed and so forth and so on.... No. 5 was a very sexy album and a little bit more relaxed aside from the songs, Magic and Jump.  

Part of me wants to think that the so called lack of success has more to do with the whole only one week of promotions BUT I think its just a difference in Korean taste in music. This was a beautiful R&B album that HOTTEST (2pm fans) probably loved. The Korean public I am not sure, I guess if they had of been able to do constant promotion on tv and everywhere in Korea then things would have been different so this is one of the albums that Fans KNOW it is a masterpiece and others just don't get.... 
In the meantime which HOTTEST wants to hunt that director down? I better stop because I am joking but I know there are some sasaeng fans out there who are ready to go!! SMH!!!  
 
PS:  Here is a funny quote: "[+41, -53] Honestly, 2PM’s been on the decline since Jay Park left" 
Chincha? can we just let Jay Park go? He has his own thing going on.... 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment